Solar final fixing

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Mon Sep 29 14:47:25 UTC 2008

Hi Samuele,

Samuele Storari wrote:
> Hi Màirìn
>
> About the sources (XCF) they was already online on the Solar page i've uploaded it yesterday, I forgot to say it, sorry :D
> And about the Image i used in the background of my tutorial it was a part of solar created followin' the instruction I shown you in this other Tutorial:
>
> http://people.byte-code.com/sstorari/?p=21
>
> I wanted to recreate a new effect so we can certificate the image now is totally cc, made by zero.
> The problem with the past effect is that unfortunately I can't certificate the originality so for don't fall again I do it by new.
> The past effect after the start tutorial here above where masked, scaled, rotated and merged in gimp, as the same for the vector.
> Why I use Inkscape in the yesterday tutorial? 'Cause it's nice to change :D, and 'cause make it again usin' the brushes will take so much time more.
>
> Than I hope here we are, sorry for the misunderstandings we have had.
> I hope to see your works soon.

The XCF and half of the wallpapers look okay, but it looks like the
other artworks need to be replaced. I think probably you might have been
waiting for my okay to do that, so consider this an okay for the
following source:

http://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/2/2c/Solar_2048x1536.xcf.bz2

Artwork that needs to be replaced:

- The row of 2560x960 wallpapers are still using the old artwork
- The row of 2048x1536 wallpapers are still using the old artwork
- The syslinux splashes are still using the old artwork
- What are labeled as grub splashes (they are actually syslinux
splashes, grub is missing) are using the old artwork (I checked in the XCF)
- The anaconda header and splash are using the old artwork
- the release poster is using the old artwork and also appears to be
using an unidentified brush