Another Solar Update & remaining F10 release tasks (volunteers needed!)

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Tue Sep 30 15:01:37 UTC 2008

Jaroslav Reznik wrote:

> I'm taking KDE splash but I'd like to cooperate with gnome-splash
> and of course with Samuel. Now when we are going towards seamless
> boot would be nice to have 'seamless' art during boot.

Not being used by default, the GNOME splash is *not* a priority, nobody
announced he's working on it so far (and some of us even consider it
useless, GNOME is faster enough to start and does not need it), so go
forward with the KDE one without waiting.

It would be easy for the GNOME splash to be based on your work, as it is
just a bitmap.