R: Criteria for theme selection

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Tue Sep 9 15:46:54 UTC 2008

Samuele Storari wrote:
> Well
>
> I think the vote will be totally open to the whole community.
>
> Why I think that?
> Cos the graphic it's made for all, think about art, think about expression, it comes from the inside need of someone to express to other, to comunicate.
> I hope we don't think to elevate us over the other people, we aren't the keeper of a sort of graphical wisdom, we create for the community, we work for all them and I think will be the right thing let the community decide.

The trouble is that the large community knows little about usability and
good design. I said it before and I say it again: if we keep a popular
vote, I bet I storm the results if I propose some softcore anime or a
half-nude photo of Angelina Jolie.

> Don't forget in first the community have to use what we create, and we have to hear to the voice of the majority.

We usually hear the voice of a loud minority.

> So this is my opinion.
>
> Free Art - Free World. :D

And then let's make all our decisions (about defaults, application
choices, packaging) based on  popular vote.