Criteria for theme selection

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Tue Sep 9 15:52:46 UTC 2008

Máirín Duffy wrote:

> We could do:
>
> - anyone who contributed a theme idea or artwork throughout the 3 round
> process
> - anyone who has contributed a design to the art team (via the design
> queue, echo theme, or art theme process) in the past 6 months (the
> fedora 9 release period)
> - anyone who is in the art group in the account system (i don't think we
> have cleaned this out yet though and there are a few inactive accounts
> still I think)

The membership queue is not in a bad shape, its main problem is people
who did the tasks needed for membership and then went silent.

I think we should be realistic and avoid excessive bureaucracy: I won't,
and I believe you won't either, compile by hand a huge list of all the
people who contributed on the wiki, mailing list, git, cvs,  etc. for
half of a year and compare it with a list of votes (and I don't think we
can automate this).