R: Re: R: Re: Solar Round 3 - Almost ended

Mairin Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Thu Sep 11 12:12:40 UTC 2008

Hi Samuele,

Thanks for the tutorial, I will give it a try!

Samuele Storari wrote:
> So, please, take my good willin', my good intentions and don't doubt about everything I do. I start work in the open source sector and lookin to my colleagues I want just to give some help and share my skill too, anything else.
Oh please don't misunderstand me. I was curious about how you produced
the aurora effect for my own curiosity because I tried to do it on my
own and couldn't figure it out.

With the photos, I unfortunately will question every photo used in any
artwork submitted here, and there is a notice to that effect on the main
Artwork page in the wiki.  I know it might seem as if I'm singling you
out and I apologize for that, but no one else used photos in their
artwork, only vectors. It's really important that the work we create for
Fedora is as free and open as possible and without proper documentation
of where things came from, it is extremely difficult to be confident in
our licensing. We do license audits of the code in Fedora too and they
are even more strict.

We have had some history of folks using artwork licensing that was not
appropriate (some of the photos you used in invixible are an example) so
I think we audit these licenses with good reason.