Need a wall paper for Fedora Security Spin

Evangeline McGlynn emcglynn at redhat.com
Thu Sep 11 19:03:02 UTC 2008

Mola,

I like your concept, but would suggest you reexamine the following
elements:
1)  The shadow behind the fedora logo gives a little more depth to the
rest of the beam than you probably want, making it come off almost
doughnut-like.
2)  The opaque white of the end of the beam reads a little more
moon-like than like light, especially given your much softer treatment
of the beam's path until that point.  Perhaps you mean to be shining at
the moon, but I would contend that that confuses the image a bit if
that's the case.  I could see having a solid white light beam or one
with a low alpha, but the mix is where you run into problems.
3)  Do you need the white halo around the fedora logo?  Have you tried
nixing the halo and treating the fedora logo as if that were the only
light?  That may not look as good, I'm not sure, but perhaps it's worth
a shot.

All and all, a very pretty concept with a promising first or second pass
at it.  To be honest though, of all the ones you've posted so far, the
one you did in blender
( http://molaora.com/data/files/Temp/security_spin_001.jpg ) is my
favorite by far.  That one is really fabulous.

Great work,
eve