Using Fedora Hosted Space for Art Team?

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Wed Sep 17 11:35:05 UTC 2008

Martin Sourada wrote:

> we've briefly discussed with Mo on the irc, that it might be worth
> setting up a fedorahosted.org instance for the Fedora Art Team. Primary
> purpose would be to host our release graphics, but it could serve other
> purposes as well (e.g. using ticket system for design service come to my
> mind).

It is about released graphics, like a history and a place where one can
find the graphics from previous releases *or* a place where to upload
proposals and work-in progress for the next release?

If we are using only the wiki from there (Trac), what is the advantage
over using the main wiki?
The disadvantage would be poorer discoverability and a need to know a
second wiki syntax.

Do you propose using the ticket system for things like the DesignService
queue?

> What do you think about it? Is it worth setting up? What do you think
> would be good to use it for? Ideas? Comments?...? ;-)

I am strongly against something which would raise the barrier to entry,
so a NO-NO would be to require git to upload sketches (proposals) for
the upcoming release.

Here is another scenario: we have something like a poster or T-shirt
design and upload it to fedorahosted. If someone want to include it in a
marketing page from the main Fedora wiki, what is he supposed to do?
- duplicate the image to fp.o/wiki
- hotlink the image
- do not inlcude the image, only a link to it