Happy 5th Birthday banner

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 15:11:08 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-09-19 at 16:30 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Nicu Buculei wrote:
> > Paul W. Frields wrote:
> >>
> >> Would anyone be interested in creating a "Happy 5th Birthday Fedora"
> >> banner for our web front page?  The Fedora Project was born -- at least
> >> by domain records -- on September 24, 2003.  I thought that celebrating
> >> this would be fun.  Here's what I was thinking:
> >
> > How about this banner?
>
> After receiving some positive feed-back on it, I transformed the banner
> in a few standard-sized buttons for web pages.
>
> However, I think the design is too simple to also work for the big
> banner, so for that one we may try something different (maybe re-using
> some parts, like the cake? maybe something completely original?)

Nicu, this is GREAT!

One idea for the big banner would be to bring the cake out of the
banner, in other words let it break the borders.  Then you might have
more room to play with?  Just an idea.

I think it would also be good in the big banner to thank the community
for the 5 wonderful years. :-)  Something like:  "Thanks to our
community for 5 wonderful years of Fedora."  What do people think?

--
Paul W. Frields