Education on image licensing and freedom

Klaatu gort.klaatu at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 18:01:39 UTC 2008

The rules and licensing issues were clear to me when I joined a few months
ago.

I think a quick reference guide on what is ok to use and what is not ok to
use might be a good idea, though, just because i think everyone must get a
little confused from time to time about what combination of magic letters
(CC-SA-BY, CC-SA-ND, CC-BY-ND-WTF etc) = free.

All in all, the third option makes sense to me.  Whether one agrees with it
or not, we have to deal with licensing and "ownership" of images.  And
whether you're doing graphic design, or filmmaking, or music with
sampling...you have to keep track of what your sources are, and you have to
be responsible for them.

-klaatu

---
uzu linukso. subtenu libera programaro.