Round 3 theme and fedora-fr community

Klaatu gort.klaatu at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 18:06:35 UTC 2008

I was frankly confused on what I was voting on, which is why I asked for
clarification on this in the first place.  I did not want to vote on
InvinXible as it was only to have a different sword in the final product.  I
didn't mean to wait til the last minute, I jsut didn't understand why in the
last moments, the final version of the art -- with the new sword -- had not
yet been developed.

It wasn't an effort to pick on Samuele, it was just an effort to vote on
something I felt comfortable and safe on voting for.

- klaatu

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 6:54 AM, Máirín Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org>wrote:

> Hi Marco,
>
> Marco Mornati wrote:
>
>> Yes... I'm in agreement with you Máirín... we can't have a NO.Licenses
>> Image inside Fedora... that it's completely free!
>>
>> My question is... why now? There are user voting also Invinxible
>> theme... and are all lost. There were a licensing doubt over that
>> theme... why it's in the final round?
>>

> This is absolutely not last-minute. I brought up licensing concerns to
> Samuele weeks ago on this very list and he assured me he was switching any
> photos with bad licenses to other ones with good licenses. I am really angry
> that I was misled.
>
> Here is the thread from the archives:
>
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-art-list/2008-August/msg00326.html
>
> That message was posted four weeks ago. It would have given Samuele plenty
> of time to replace the imagery, which he said he was doing:
>
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-art-list/2008-August/msg00334.html
>

> ~m

---
uzu linukso. subtenu libera programaro.