Legal issues with InvinXble? (I doubt so)

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 19:43:13 UTC 2008

Hi,

I haven't read the whole discussion yet, but I feel greatly disappointed
with what I read so far. First, I have an impression that Mo and Nicu
are somehow biased against Samuele's work. First, some weeks ago, Mo
kept asking Samuele about Moon brushes in the Solar theme, when the
Moons were already removed from the artwork, next there is the problem
in katana. As nicu pointed out, the original design indeed resembles the
Kill Bill poster, but even though I saw the .ogv file he provided, I am
not 100% convinced Samuele used that katana. But that's beyond the point
- we all know, the original katana had some licensing issues and Samuele
just wasn't educated enough in that area to discover them himself.

What I'd like to point out is that Nicu is greatly wrong there - the
image that is packaged in Fedora and the Round 3 designs in wiki have
definitely different katana. It's obvious that the blade is based on the
image Samuele provided, and it's also obvious that the hilt is different
from the original image (look at it more closely, it has slightly
different design and also slightly different lighting), I cannot say
though, which image it is based on and if it's OK, but I think I can
trust Samuele, when he says: "I've taken this image and done these
editions," and if the source image is OK, then I would not follow the
issue further.

Samuele, don't get hindered by those concerns, I believe both Mo and
Nicu are just trying to prevent any legal issues that might arose in the
future otherwise, and be patient with them - you have my full support!
Just link to the very images you work with (and talk about) to support
your claims, it might be just some misunderstanding somewhere. Just try
to not get angry in your e-mails because it only adds fuel to the fire.
Calm yourself before you post anything ;-)

And BTW., please, please, please, set-up your mail client to use Re:
instead of R: in the subject when replying - sometimes it breaks the
threading feature in Evolution and also it's not very pleasing to read
subjects like: "R: Re: R: Re: R: Re: Round 3 theme and fedora-fr
community".

Thanks,