Echo vs the destkop

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Wed Sep 24 02:04:52 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-23 at 18:22 -0700, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> Bill Nottingham a écrit :
> > Looking at the desktop now (beta), I see:
> >
> > - at least three different icon perspectives in the stock menus
> >   (echo, 'stock', bluecurve)
> >
> I think Bluecurve mix are desktop bug. Current Fedora default theme used
> Bluecurve from some applications, same issue occurs on all icons theme.
> > - nearly all 'upstream' gnome apps using non-echo style icons

Please point out where we still have bluecurve icons in the default
install. I don't see how that would happen. The inheritance of the
Fedora icon theme in rawhide is:

Fedora - Echo - Mist - gnome (- hicolor)

Bluecurve doesn't come into play. Unfortunately, we still have to
install Bluecurve by default, for the cursor theme. Longer-term, it
might be worthwhile to find a newer, separately packaged cursor theme to
use instead of the aging Bluecurve cursors.