Echo vs the destkop

Hylke Bons hylkebons at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 13:28:44 UTC 2008

I think what Andreas means is that when you install an application
that is not in the default Fedora install, it's going to look out of
place.
All the most popular OSS packages now use the same icon style
upstream, which is a major achievement, but instead Fedora chooses to
do it all over again.
It's not very hard to make Echo look integrated with the upstream
icons, without losing its characteristics. Echo already got the thick
outer stroke, i think what's most "out of place" is the weird
perspective. What you will see happening is toolbars in applications
using different kinds of icon perspectives.

At least that's what I think of it. I'm not just criticising, but if
you agree I will put my money where my mouth is and help out.

Hylke