Secondary wordmark

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 11:39:51 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 10:18:06AM +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Paul W. Frields wrote:
>>
>> If you're an artist, dump your designs to:
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Pfrields/Secondary_trademark_design
>> -- or some other wiki page, but please put a link on my page so I can
>> track them all! :-)
>
> You went on-purpose with all-caps for the Fedora word to make it
> stand-out from the primary wordmark? I think it looks better with small
> letters:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:Fedora_secondary_logo_draft4.png
> (note: I made the graphic yesterday and uploaded a primary version but
> updated the letter spacing in the meantime).

I noted in the design page that you can (and probably *should*) use
the "fedora" word design from the official trademark to design this
new wordmark.  Much to my surprise the attorneys said that was
acceptable and probably desirable.  What we *can't* do is to use the
Infinity logo in this new wordmark, and we should not create a second
logo to go with it -- the new mark will be just a wordmark with a
nifty design.