Another Solar Update & remaining F10 release tasks (volunteers needed!)

Máirín Duffy mairin at linuxgrrl.com
Tue Sep 30 04:33:40 UTC 2008

Hi team,

I spent about 12 hours today going through most of the Solar artwork and
updating it to use the new, cleaned XCF source. I also created some
additional wallpaper artwork so we can support dual 1600x1200 monitors
as well as a larger 5:4 ratio resolution.

The only artwork left to be modified is:

- the KDE Login screen. I don't know much about KDE login theming;
Samuele you may need to update the artwork in your mockup - I think
Stalwart was going to write the theme based on that artwork. (Any status
updates on the KDE login theme?)

- the release poster - I think this still needs modification and also as
mentioned earlier on the list, I think the content should be vetted by
the marketing team. It would be good if it had a space for people to
write out time / date / location for release parties. Low-priority at
this point though, it's really the last task to get done before release day.

Now that we have a solid set of clean artwork to work with, we have the
following items outstanding:

= WEB BANNERS =
- countdown banner (200x100px) (this is the banner that counts down the
days until the release date. Some examples [1,2]) we need a volunteer!
- final release small banner (200x100px) (Ian, can you adjust the beta
banner [3] so we can use it for this as well?)
- final release full-size banner (600x200px) we need a volunteer! An
example is [4]

= DISC / MEDIA ART =
- we should probably go with the simple design for the disc itself as we
did for Fedora 9. I'll take on the task of updating the artwork so it
says Fedora 10 instead of 9.
- we need a sleeve design for Fedora 10. The disc will come in a
cardboard sleeve. Any takers? (Ryan, yours came out great for Fedora 9,
*hint hint* *wink wink*)

= EXTRAS =
I don't think these are 100% necessary, but if you'd like to take a stab
at them please feel free:

- screensaver lock dialog
- gnome splash
- kde splash

I think that's about it. If there's any extras you'd like to take on let
us know! Almost all done, phew!

~m

[1]
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:Artwork_PromoBanners_fedora9-countdown-banner.png