F11 Art Schedule

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 22:45:43 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 03, 2009 at 07:44:52AM -0700, John Poelstra wrote:

> Back in January I met with Mairin and others at FUDCon to plot the art
> schedule for Fedora 11.  As a casual reader of the list I know some
> things are still in flux and have changed and in some ways that is
> expected and good.  It seems that because the wallpaper was in beta you
> received feedback in time to change course.  Maybe we should build a
> feedback period into the Fedora 12 schedule?
>
> We've learned in past releases that it helps to keep track of how things
> go (in reality) compared to the estimated schedule so that the estimated
> schedule for the next release is more realistic and achievable.
>
> With that in mind, looking at the splash screen tasks listed in the link
> below I thought it would be a good idea to record what their completion
> dates were ore when you estimate they will be complete:
> http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-11/f-11-art-tasks.html
> (task numbers 10 to 21)
>
> It is also important to note that we are targeting the completion of
> final artwork and packaging a little less than two weeks from now on
> 2009-04-16 so that it can all be in the Preview Release and have two
> weeks to shake out anything that needs final fixing before GA.

Just shamelessly bumping John's post...  Does anyone have thoughts on
the following questions?

* Should there be a feedback period built into the F12 schedule?

* How can we improve the schedule of dates for Artwork deliverables,
  so that they're more realistic or constructive?

* What other changes should we make?