Wallpaper Extras - was: Re: F11 Art Schedule

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Wed Apr 8 09:36:49 UTC 2009

On 04/08/2009 10:52 AM, Martin Sourada wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-04-08 at 10:19 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
>> On 04/08/2009 04:18 AM, Máirín Duffy wrote:
>>> 11. wallpaper extras - I do not think this is on your task list John but I think we need to add it. I want to try to revive the wallpaper project Nicu started so we can ship some nice extras wallpapers so the default wallpaper isn't the only thing we do. I was wondering if anyone has time to help me out with this? Or is it too late right now to do something like this?
>> I am not sure we have enough time for those extra wallpapers, what the
>> deadline would be for them?
>> Martin started the collection of the wiki and at the time he talked
>> about packaging. Martin, are you still up for for packaging them?
>>
> Yup, I hope to put some packages together as soon as I have enough time
> to do so.

Martin, Mo, let breathe a bit and make a plan:
- when do we need the extra wallpapers packaged? a deadline... since we
talk about bitmaps, can we go with something absolutely minimal for the
freeze and add a few more later?
- do we require some minimal specs for the images, like a minimum
resolution?

I think I have some images that could do for nice wallpapers (mostly
flower macros) and knowing about a deadline would be useful to
prioritize some work (selection, gimping, upload).