Improving Leonidas Backgrounds

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 15:34:06 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-04-14 at 17:38 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> On 04/14/2009 05:33 PM, Martin Sourada wrote:
> >> Workaround: right click on the desktop, select "Change Desktop
> >> Background" and from the list click on the "Leonidas (Right)"
> >>
> > That's actually only for the landscape ones. The lion has only one
> > version.
>
> Then maybe is a wise idea to provide both, this is the second time I
> hear someone asking for the lion today (the other one was on #fedora-art).

Hmm... I can add that, but given that today is the final freeze (not
sure when exactly and whether any build I would have done today would
make it in) and this would not end up on the release CD/DVDs either, I
doubt I could ask for a freeze break just to add one subpackage (with
the wallpapers with lion on single screens as well). I think I have only
these two options:
1. wait if we are gonna do some further bugfixes to the artwork and add
them with it, or
2. make this a zero day update (note it would mean about 8MiB of updates
for _every_ user of leonidas-backgrounds, unless F11 would be Presto
enabled)

Any better insights, suggestions, ideas?