configuring wacom tablet with LinuxWacom

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 12:18:36 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-04-24 at 14:00 +0200, Israel Rodríguez Alonso wrote:
> Hello Team,

Hi,

> Sorry if this should not have written here but I thought that is the
> art team and perhaps someone has a tablet.
>

> Máirín Duffy gives me this link to make my tablet (Wacom Bamboo FUN
> A5Wide) on Fedora (http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/). I did this:
>
> cd linuxwacom(...)/prebuilt
> ./install
<snip>

I don't have tablet so forgive me if my question is dumb, but why do you
try to install the linuxwacom software (and from prebuilt binaries
instead of recompiling them first) when there is linuxwacom package
available:

$ yum info linuxwacom
Loaded plugins: dellsysidplugin2, presto, refresh-packagekit
Installed Packages
Name       : linuxwacom
Arch       : i586
Version    : 0.8.2.2
Release    : 11.fc11
Size       : 549 k
Repo       : installed
Summary    : Wacom Drivers from Linux Wacom Project
URL        : http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net
License    : LGPLv2+ and GPLv2+
           : documentation for configuring and running Wacom tablets
           : under the Linux operating system. It contains diagnostic
           : applications as well as X.org XInput drivers.

It's likely that you already have it installed as it's installed by
default. You've probably broke that by trying to install it manually. I
suggest you reinstall the linuxwacom package.

About enabling it, instead of playing with Xorg.conf by hand you might
want to install wdaemon package:

$ yum info wdaemon
Loaded plugins: dellsysidplugin2, presto, refresh-packagekit
Available Packages
Name       : wdaemon
Arch       : i586
Version    : 0.15
Release    : 2.fc11
Size       : 32 k
Repo       : rawhide
Summary    : Hotplug helper for Wacom X.org driver
URL        : http://jake.ruivo.org/~aris/wdaemon/
License    : GPLv2+
           : for Wacom tablets so they can be plugged and unplugged
           : while X.org server is running. This should go away as soon
           : X.org properly supports hotplugging.