Fedora 11 countdown banner (artwork team release)

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Mon Apr 6 07:54:52 UTC 2009

Martin Sourada wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-04-03 at 19:37 +0200, Paolo Leoni wrote:
>> In the past days some people have requested a F11 countdown banner for
>> a blog using.
>>
>> So, below you can find a proposal:
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/b/b7/Deepsky-fedora11-countdown-banner_1a.png
>> https://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/0/00/Deepsky-fedora11-countdown-banner_1a.svg
>>
> I'm wondering why nicu hadn't mentioned this (at least on the
> -art-list), but you might be interested in this one as well:
>
> http://blog.berkenpies.nl/2009/04/02/fedora-11-countdown-counter-part-2/

A talk on the websites list about that banner triggered Paolo to hurry
with the counter, as it seems we already receive requests.

> It's much closer to the graphics we'll probably go with for the release
> so it might be better to use it...

My guess is Paolo went for something more generic as the wallpaper is
still under development and we don't have a rule to use the same
graphic, is the same metaphor (only for "Solar" we had exactly the same
image).

I like the image from the linked blog, I commented and helped the author
to improve it, butt it does not fit our layout, has to be adapted/changed.