idea for Fedora boot screen (Catalin Festila)

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Fri Apr 10 13:38:38 UTC 2009

On 04/10/2009 04:25 PM, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> On Friday 10 April 2009 13:28:58 Nicu Buculei wrote:
>> On a side note, your GIF is playing way to fast in my Firefox, I can
>> barely understand what's happening on screen (we wish Fedora would boot
>> *that* fast :p )
>
> Moblin is partially based on Fedora and Intel developers want 2 seconds
> boot!!! (I don't believe it's possible, fast&  furious :D)
>
> http://www.h-online.com/open/Intel-aims-at-a-2-second-boot-for-
> Moblin--/news/113043

But according to other sources "Fifteen operating system vendors have
committed to distribute Moblin-based products, including Asianux,
Canonical, DeviceVM, gOS, MontaVista, Novell, and Wind River"
(http://linuxfoundation.org/news-media/announcements/2009/04/linux-foundation-host-moblin-project)
- no Fedora or Red Hat mentioned among them :p

Anyway, Moblin is intended for special devices, it will always boot
faster than a general purpose distro. I think we all would be happy with
something more realistic around 20 seconds.