F11 Art Schedule

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Mon Apr 13 22:41:40 UTC 2009

Máirín Duffy said the following on 04/07/2009 06:18 PM Pacific Time:

<cut>

> (John, I apologize these are different than your numbering scheme.)

That's okay :)

> 1. Wallpaper Design
>     - We have the basic design from Samuele in 1920x1600: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:King_1920x1200.jpg
>     - We will need this iterated out into the various standard, 4:3, and widescreen formats. Dual-screen would be nice too.
>
> 2. Plymouth Splash - Charlie is waiting on Samuele for a design for this it appears?
>
> 3. GNOME splash - we have these designs and I will happily adapt them to fit with the lion: http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/art/f11/mockups/splash/
>
> 4. KDE splash - same as #3 above
>
> 5. full screen splash for syslinux - nothing yet
>
> 6. grub splash - nothing yet (not sure if this is on the task list)
>
> 7. gnome screensaver lock dialog - nothing yet
>
> 8. anaconda square splash - Samuele put some mocks together (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F11#King_Concept) but as we agreed a week ago, these are a bit too busy and still need to be simplified: https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-art-list/2009-April/msg00015.html
>
> 9. firstboot vertical header - Samuele put one together that looks great (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F11#King_Concept)
>
> 10. kdm - nothing
>
> 11. wallpaper extras - I do not think this is on your task list John but I think we need to add it. I want to try to revive the wallpaper project Nicu started so we can ship some nice extras wallpapers so the default wallpaper isn't the only thing we do. I was wondering if anyone has time to help me out with this? Or is it too late right now to do something like this?
>
>> It is also important to note that we are targeting the completion of final
>> artwork and packaging a little less than two weeks from now on 2009-04-16 so
>> that it can all be in the Preview Release and have two weeks to shake out
>> anything that needs final fixing before GA.
>
> Thank you for this reminder and for helping keep us on track. It is really, really, really helpful.

Just to make sure I continue to help you track the right things, can you
tell me what the completion (or estimated completion) dates are the
following items from:
http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-11/f-11-art-tasks.html

9.  	gnome splash screen  			    Fri 2009-03-27

10.  	kde splash screen  	                    Fri 2009-03-27

11. 	Fullscreen splash for syslinux 	            Fri 2009-03-27

12. 	gnome screensaver lock dialog 	            Fri 2009-03-27

13. 	Square splash for anaconda and firstboot    Fri 2009-03-27

14. 	Anaconda horizontal header                  Fri 2009-03-27

15. 	Firstboot vertical header                   Fri 2009-03-27

16. 	Fullscreen grub splash 	                    Fri 2009-03-27

17. 	plymouth bootup/loading graphics            Fri 2009-03-27

18. 	kdm login screen theme 	                    Fri 2009-03-27

21. 	Package Splash Screens 	                    Tue 2009-03-31

24. 	Finalize and Package All Release Artwork    Thu 2009-04-16

Thanks,
John