configuring wacom tablet with LinuxWacom

Israel Rodríguez Alonso israeldep at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 13:57:18 UTC 2009

I edit the xorg.conf. And if Fedora repo drivers doesn't work, you install
linuxwacom drivers, edit the xorg.conf and reboot (I did this last time).

I use this xorg.conf configuration for tablet:

Section "InputDevice"
     Driver        "wacom"
     Identifier    "eraser"
     Option        "Device"
"/dev/input/uinput-devices/uinput-wacom-graphire4-6x8-tablet" #USB ONLY
     Option        "Type"          "eraser"
     Option        "USB"           "on"                    #USB ONLY
     Option        "PressCurve"    "0,0,100,100"
     Option        "Mode"          "Absolute"
     Option        "Speed"         "1.5"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
     Driver        "wacom"
     Identifier    "cursor"
     Option        "Device"
"/dev/input/uinput-devices/uinput-wacom-graphire4-6x8-tablet" #USB ONLY
     Option        "Type"          "cursor"
     Option        "Mode"          "relative"
     Option        "USB"           "on"                    #USB ONLY
     Option        "Speed"         "1.5"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
     Driver        "wacom"
     Identifier    "pad"
     Option        "Device"
"/dev/input/uinput-devices/uinput-wacom-graphire4-6x8-tablet" #USB ONLY
     Option        "Type"          "pad"
     Option        "USB"           "on"                    #USB ONLY
     Option        "Button1"       "6"
     Option        "Button2"       "7"
     Option        "Button3"       "4"
     Option        "Button4"       "5"
EndSection

And then I added this to Server Layout:
        InputDevice    "pad"                           # For Intuos3/Cintiq
21UX/Graphire/Bamboo tablets
         InputDevice    "stylus"    "SendCoreEvents"
         InputDevice    "eraser"    "SendCoreEvents"
         InputDevice    "cursor"    "SendCoreEvents"    # For non-LCD
tablets only

Finally I configured the tablet on Inkscape and GIMP.

Israel