F11 visual concept idea - greek

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Mon Feb 2 16:52:08 UTC 2009

Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Martin Sourada wrote:
>>
>> Anyway, see the concept more like "I think the olive tree would be good
>> if it were placed here, there I'd like some log, ..." and as a base for
>> further development, should we go with this approach. Though I fully
>> realize that making 3D-looking art with perspective purely in inkscape
>> isn't an easy task.
>
> I like how you put the elements in the image and the ability to play
> with them (move, resize, etc.) I also think we *wont't* manage to come
> with something realistic made completely with Inkscape, so we may have
> to go with either photomanip and a realistic look or drawing and
> stylization.
>
> BTW, I guess not all of us noticed the cool and related 3D design posted
> by Mola on IRC: http://mola.fedorapeople.org/fedora_river_004.jpg -
> awesome, but still not realistic enough IMO.

We could play around using Inkscape and even Mola's renders
to figure out the composition of the image, then use
photomanip techniques to fill it in... that seems like it
would work better than what I've been doing, which is trying
to find an openly-licensed photo with a good composition and
working off of that.