Starry background

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Mon Feb 23 08:09:55 UTC 2009

brian hurren wrote:
>   I have just made up this mock up of a starry background, just want to
> know what you all thing. I was thinking of maybe doing a starry
> background as a strip stretching from dusk till dawn, for the background
> animation.
>

> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:Milkyway.png

I think I would like better an image were the stars are not that sharp
and which looks more "realistic", maybe something more like
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Centre_of_the_Milky_Way.jpg or
even better, see /usr/share/pixmaps/backgrounds/cosmos/cloud.jpg (which
is awesome).

Just out of curiosity, how you made this image?