Help out with the f11 wallpaper?

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Fri Feb 27 08:18:19 UTC 2009

Michael Beckwith wrote:

> I think it'd be cool, at the details stage, if we could perhaps have
> some light cast in between some of the columns, and perhaps change the
> angle as time goes by.

Unfortunately, we are in GIMP, doing 2D raster operations... what you
say would be relatively easy to do in 3D graphics, but not so in our
case: casting light will create shadows, changing the light angle will
change the size and direction of the shadows... I have no idea how to do
this in 2D.

Also look at the columns: they have a lighted side and a shadowed side.
The light direction and intensity is pretty much fixed, otherwise we are
going dangerously close to http://photoshopdisasters.blogspot.com/