More Greek Wallpaper

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Mon Feb 9 08:53:43 UTC 2009

On Monday 09 February 2009 09:18:47 Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Charlie Brej wrote:
> > On the plymouth front, I am likely to be a bit busier at work this
> > release than the F10 one, so I would really appreciate some of ideas as
> > to what people would like during the system boot. The possibilities are
> > pretty much limitless but it would be a good thing to conserve the CPU
> > and keep the number and size of images included in the initrd to a
> > minimum. Take a look at some examples from last year [1-3]. Moving
> > images around like in [1] is trivial, while things like the solar flares
> > in [2] and [3] are a lot harder so I won't be able to create too many
> > mockups of these.

I hope we can share ideas again as for Solar :)

> My option is for something clean and simple, not much moving beside a
> progress bar.

+1

I like clean splash screens and another issue is - we can have same splash in
KDE too - we don't have so many possibilities to animate it as Plymouth has
and I'd like to see same splash during whole boot process - from Plymouth,
through KDM and KSplashX, first boot with final desktop background =>
consistency. I don't know if I will have so much time to do all branding I'd
like to for KDE (Plasma theme, HTML templates, etc.) but I'd like to try.

And proposed background is warm and fresh for spring release as Solar was cold
for winter :-)

Jaroslav