F11 wallpaper mockup proposal

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Fri Feb 20 10:32:37 UTC 2009

Thomas Kole wrote:
> Nicu Buculei schreef:
>>
>> That's the idea, but try a different type of blue, more like
>> http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=blueprint
> What about this?
>
> http://dilopho-dd.deviantart.com/art/F11-map-wallpaper-113517087

Yes, this is more like a blueprint is supposed to look. Not sure how
good it is from an usability point of view (for me the white is a bit
too bright, but that's me).

> PS: i dont know a lot about licences, so i uploaded it at DA with a CC
> licence...

Sorry for the lecture...

There are two kind of CC licenses: Free ones (good) and non-Free (bad).
You used "Noncommercial", which is non-Free, read more about acceptable
licenses here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing#Content_Licenses

And you based your work on an original licensed as CC-BY (Attribution),
so in the dA post you should have mentioned something along the lines
of: based on a design by Norman B. Leventhal
(http://flickr.com/photos/normanbleventhalmapcenter/2709980753/)