Doubt related to the project related to Starfighter!

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Fri Jan 9 16:01:52 UTC 2009

RICHA MALHOTRA wrote:
> Hi,I am Richa Malhotra.I am very much interested in the project for
> making graphics for a game named Starfighter but i have many doubts
> regarding it!Firstly i dont know that what all graphics are actually
> required for it,although i have an idea that we need to make graphics
> for space-ships and character portraits,but still i dont have that
> clarity that what all is required??

Have a look at the 'gfx' directory in the data tarball:
http://people.atrpms.net/~hdegoede/starfighter-data.tar.gz

The graphics beside ships and portraits are trivial: arrows, bullets and
a few icons.

I don't think anyone (beside probably the original upstream author) can
give an exact account - and probably neither him can do that, the
graphics were made/collected a long time ago.

> And I also need to have a look at the original version of the game to
> have an idea and when i tried to install the game by "yum install
> starfighter",i wasnt able to and why would i be as its not available due
> to non-free graphics.

It was removed from the distro as we can't knowingly ship software
without a legal license. You can download  a generic rpm from the
project's website:
http://www.parallelrealities.co.uk/projects/starfighter.php