Art ideas for Fedora 11 (grub, boot, splashes, window decorations, button styles etc...)

Máirí­n Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jan 11 16:29:12 UTC 2009

Mark wrote:
> So a new theme would be welcome. Why not on the FC1 - 4 releases
> (blue/purple like) which fits the name perfectly. Blue/purple is like
> the ocean (oke, more blue then purple).

Are you talking about just the colors of FC1-FC4 or the actual theme?
And are you talking about the *artwork* or are you talking about the
GTK/metacity etc?

I am just talking about artwork here....

> But one other theming thing... what about those rounds? and the
> deadlines? I would like to mock something up but anything in the next
> few (2 till 4) weeks is probably not gonna work for me because of a
> school project.

We aren't doing the rounds anymore. We are all going to work together on
one design so our energies aren't split and we can work together more. I
am at fudcon with John Poelstra right now working out the deadlines. So
far it is looking like:

20 Jan - Fedora Alpha release
01 Feb - Visual concept for F11 decided
01 Mar - First draft wallpaper ready to package for Beta
10 Mar - Beta Freeze
02 Apr - splashes / rest of artwork done for packaging for preview release
14 Apr - final freeze
28 Apr - preview release
26 May - final release GA

> And what about that brainstorming session.. which irc channel will it
> be? when will it be held?

We can do it right on this list. We're doing it right now :)