Art ideas for Fedora 11 (grub, boot, splashes, window decorations, button styles etc...)

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 00:26:10 UTC 2009

2009/1/11 Martin Sourada <martin.sourada at gmail.com>:
> On Sun, 2009-01-11 at 18:14 +0100, Mark wrote:
>> On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 5:29 PM, Máirí­n Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> > Are you talking about just the colors of FC1-FC4 or the actual theme? And
>> > are you talking about the *artwork* or are you talking about the
>> > GTK/metacity etc?
>>
>> Just the colors. and that can be used to make a new theme for Fedora 11
>> >
>> > I am just talking about artwork here....
>>
>> I'm kinda talking about both..
>
> Well, for GTK/Metacity related talks, please make a separate thread for
> it. If you make mockups, I'll consider them.

Well.. here it's just brainstorming for the mockups.. the actual
mockups will go in a new thread though a few might land in here as
well just to clear up what i mean (one picture tells more than
thousand words).

To get back on the subject.. what are the exact colours that where
used on the old fedora themes (FC 1 till 4)? and what was the idea
back then behind the "themes"? (it where more boot and login things
then full desktop themes)

> I am currently working on a
> major rewrite of nodoka (so far only GTK), you can check the progress
> usually on my blog [1]. The latest screenshots are at [2], though in my
> laptop I am already a few steps farther... I've already reworked
> progress bars and will write new post when I finish the Scales.

Hmm.. to be honest.. i don't like it much.. specially those diagonal
stripes in the progress bars.
And in general it seems to be inspired by KDE 4 ^_^ (specially those
buttons)... I wonder why we don't just use the murrine engine? it's
good and can do everything that nodoka can do plus more (the svn
version). Just make a thread to show off your nodoka engine and i will
post all my critics i have for it ^_^