Art ideas for Fedora 11 (grub, boot, splashes, window decorations, button styles etc...)

Konstantinos Antonakoglou anton.cost at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 11:34:55 UTC 2009

Very interesting ideas. Since Leonidas is a ancient Greek name and a
name of a ship, we could use a trireme [1] or something similar (more
artistic, less combat). Basically, I imagine a trireme-like, or even an
ancient fish-boat (with or without the Fedora logo on its sail :P)
sailing on a sea of stars (with splashes on its front). I guess it can
be combined with the golden ratio , math etc.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trireme

Now, some other points. Sea from an other point of view doesn't separate
land, it unites land. No mountains, trees, obstacles, etc, just water
and the human ingenuity.

On Mon, 2009-01-12 at 11:45 +0100, Samuele Storari wrote:

> The Hellenic age was the top of the acient greece time and it spouse the first concept as well, maybe we can use a steam punk, futuristic theme for the old art.
> Or we can use the Olimpic Theme born in Greece, talking about Olimpic so far was created to unify all the greece's people as a nation and not as a lot of State-city, in peace and happy moment, like Fedora unify people all over the world.

I think the "Olympic spirit" concept is something completely different
than the "sea - ship - golden ratio" one.

--
Konstantinos Antonakoglou
PGP key: 0xC9E2E16B