Wallpaper survey

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jan 23 21:48:27 UTC 2009

Ian Weller wrote:
> However with the Grecian columns and stuff we need to be careful of not
> looking "ancient", as some might say, but instead looking functional,
> practical, etc.

Yes definitely. Like if the columns are ruins, we don't want
to give off the message that Fedora is in ruins or something
like that. We want to highlight the positive aspects... eg
rather than posing Fedora as the column, if we've got say a
pretty columns-ruins landscape, pose fedora as the vines and
plants and nature growing on top of the the old columns (the
columns then become the establishment/proprietary software)
Then it becomes more, 'Fedora - making proprietary OSes
history' rather than 'Fedora is old broken crap!' :)