Wallpaper survey

Charlie Brej fedora-art at brej.org
Sat Jan 24 00:18:47 UTC 2009

Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> In case you didn't catch it on planet Fedora, I have been
> running an informal survey of the desktop backgrounds folks
> are using (getting responses from both Fedora and GNOME
> community members.)

Adminning around my group I found two interesting themes that people like (apart
from the usual).

1: A picture of their actual desk. With their notes and scribbles and pieces of
equipment and such. This looks really good. I encourage people to try it.

2: Four bold colour landscapes or even just solid colours for each time of the
day (morning:blue, noon:white, evening:red, night:black). That way they know
what time of the day it is (PhDs can not tell the time of day) and what time to
go home. Much brighter than the ones by default. Interestingly they like to do
this by overwriting the default background png files (in this case the FC8
infinity ones) rather than making a new xml. They generally feel that the
default ones are not different enough to tell apart, but that might not be a bad
thing.

These are not necessarily the ways we wish to go with the default background but
just to answer the enquiry.