Wallpaper survey

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 09:57:43 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-01-23 at 16:48 -0500, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Ian Weller wrote:
> > However with the Grecian columns and stuff we need to be careful of not
> > looking "ancient", as some might say, but instead looking functional,
> > practical, etc.
>
> Yes definitely. Like if the columns are ruins, we don't want
> to give off the message that Fedora is in ruins or something
> like that. We want to highlight the positive aspects... eg
> rather than posing Fedora as the column, if we've got say a
> pretty columns-ruins landscape, pose fedora as the vines and
> plants and nature growing on top of the the old columns (the
> columns then become the establishment/proprietary software)
> Then it becomes more, 'Fedora - making proprietary OSes
> history' rather than 'Fedora is old broken crap!' :)
>
> ~m

Well, I think if the columns were not ruins [1](i.e. would be still
standing and would not be broken, I think there are such in Greece even
now) it would give much better message, like 'Fedora outlives its
creators' or something like that (well, my example is a bit lame, I am
not good with this stuff after all...).

Martin

Reference:
[1]