Updated EDU SIG Artwork Request

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Mon Jan 26 10:06:48 UTC 2009

María Leandro wrote:
> Updated.
>
> http://tatica.fedorapeople.org/EduSig/thumb_wallpaper3a.png
> http://tatica.fedorapeople.org/EduSig/thumb_wallpaper3b.png
> http://tatica.fedorapeople.org/EduSig/thumb_wallpaper3c.png

I think there is still some room for improvement, hope you don't mind (I
got a few colleagues upset with my direct criticism at a photography
course I am taking these days):
- the rays of light are under the main circle of the sun but above its
rays, I think they should be under both;
- the yellow pencil has a shadow falling on the blue pencil and the blue
pencil has a shadow falling over the magenta one but those shadows wall
in a direction opposing the direction of the light.

Other than that, my preference is for one of the first two images,
having the pencils as a metaphor for "education" (the enlightenment from
the light rays is also a good metaphor, but not so "in your face").