F11 visual concept idea - greek

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jan 30 14:54:45 UTC 2009

Hi Samuele,

Samuele Storari wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I work on the Acient Greek theme for this Fedora's release I think is the best one.
> Mo I'd like your idea to create a collage from different landscape or other image.
> For this theme I try to work on the Spartan "Leonidas" idea, I work on the Acient Helm so we don't have discussion on violence or other not connected idea.
> I started looking some inspiration photos on flickr
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/ghost_of_kuji/2763629314/
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/protectorrr/2714125326/
>
> then I draw my own.
> Let me suggest to you guys my idea and let me know your guess and your suggestions.
> Maybe someone could help me to find some more dettailed photos of the helm?

For F11 we're trying to work together on the same concept,
we aren't doing competing ideas anymore.

Our deadline for a decision on the visual concept
(basically, how will we visually depict 'Leonidas') is
February 1. Do you think there is a way we can integrate the
idea of your helmet with a landscape of Greek architecture
for the wallpaper, and maybe we could integrate the helmet
in other artwork too? Do you have any ideas on what a
landscape with the helmet integrated into it might look like?

I do think based on the wallpaper poll results that we
should try for a landscape for the wallpaper, but that
doesn't mean we can't have a helmet placed in it or somehow
work the idea of a helmet in it? I like the idea of having a
helmet somewhere because Leonidas was from Sparta and Sparta
was very militaristic, but at the same time a helmet is for
protection so it's not too violent a symbol as you said.

What do you think? Do you have ideas on how we can work
together?