Help out with the f11 wallpaper?

Camilo Mesias camilo at mesias.co.uk
Mon Mar 2 13:21:57 UTC 2009

Hi

a bit late perhaps but I thought of something that may make an
interesting background - since you mentioned photographic landscape. I
saw an article on tilt-shift photography, where special lenses are
used to modify perspective and depth-of-field giving an uncanny model
photography effect. This effect can also be faked in CGI rendering.

Here's the article,

http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/11/16/beautiful-examples-of-tilt-shift-photography/

There are several sports stadiums (I imagined an amphitheatre) also
some Italian landscapes bearing some similarity to the nearby Greek. I
thought the large expanses of blurred areas created by the effect
would be a good non-distracting background for icons.

As to getting any usable images - I can't help but I thought it might
inspire someone more artistically inclined :)

-Cam