[echo-perspective] New computer icon set

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 20:29:01 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 11:02 +0100, Mark wrote:
> That icon looks.. odd
> If you ask me the lightest part of the keyboard is lighter then the
> lightest part os the screen.
> The darkest part of the keyboard is most certainly a lot lighter then
> the darkest part of the screen. (did that make sence?) My suggestion
> would be to make the bottom of the screen as dark as the bottom of the
> keyboard. And the same goos for the top of the screen holder (or how
> is that called) the top there should be as dark as the bottom of the
> keyboard.
>
> I hope this maked some sence.. kinda hard to explain it.
> Other then that it's a nice icon!

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your suggestions, but I am afraid I cannot do anything about
that. First, the monitor and the keyboard a lighted slightly
differently, considering the are positioned differently (vertical vs.
horizontal) so there are bound to be some differences in
lightness/contrast. Also the keyboard is not necessarily from the same
material as the monitor and as a result it might have different light
reflection/diffraction/scattering properties.

And finally, I've tried darker keyboards and I didn't like them, I also
tried lighter displays and didn't liked them as well. Show me way out of
this dilema and I'd be happy :-)