New Concept for F11 King

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Mar 27 18:25:42 UTC 2009

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 04:50:49PM +0100, Luca Foppiano wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-03-27 at 12:32 +0100, Samuele Storari wrote:
>
> [...]
> > The Spray paint brushes I used comes from here:
> >
> > http://www.blog.spoongraphics.co.uk/freebies/free-hi-res-spraypaint-photoshop-brushes-set-one
> >
> > http://www.blog.spoongraphics.co.uk/freebies/free-hi-res-spraypaint-photoshop-brushes-set-two
>
> those brushes are released with this licence:
>
> http://blogspoon.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/freebies/terms-of-use.html
>
> I think it's ok to use it :)
>
> What do you think?

IANAL, but that reads to me as if it has a non-commerical use clause.
It first references that it is under the CC BY, which is on the "good
license" list for Fedora:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing#Good_Licenses_3

... but then the page goes on to specify:

  "You can NOT sell the resources directly for profit (eg. Selling the
  items on stock resource websites)"

Note that the license called out first does not have any
non-commercial use clauses:

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/uk/

... but because they have the right to add additional clauses, and
appear to have done so, it seems as if they made their redistribution
require non-commercial use.

Anyway, they encourage us to ask:

http://www.blog.spoongraphics.co.uk/contact

So you might want to get that clarified that they mean to add an
additional non-commercial use clause.

FWIW, the second clause about not copying the website makes sense to
me.  The website is a separate from the individual graphic elements,
and might even have trademark restrictions, etc.  This doesn't seem to
put any clauses on the individual resources being licensed.

- Karsten
http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41