New Concept for F11 King

Charlie Brej fedora-art at brej.org
Tue Mar 31 14:58:36 UTC 2009

Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Hi Samuele,

I think the one major thing we need to do is to make it two desktop compatible.
The problem is if we clip the top and bottom to make the dual wide version it
chops the top and bottom of the lion. Also the lion's face occupies the entire
left screen. I extended the image by resizing and reflecting the a couple layers
[1] so it is 5120x1536. This should a reasonable point that we can generate all
desired resolutions from. I'm just making a script which will automatically
generate them all from the one image.

For now I hid the circles as they want to be on the left edge and that varies by
size. I can put them back using the script or we can remove them as people
complain they get in the way of the icons.

Still need to extend the lines in layers Like1 and Line2. and possibly add some
more texture to the left screen.

I'll have a look at using the image and adding the Greek style progress bar in
plymouth.

[1] http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~brejc8/temp/King_5120x1536_def.xcf.bz2
preview: http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~brejc8/temp/King_5120x1536_def.jpg