Wallpaper for Beta?

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Thu Mar 5 13:05:48 UTC 2009

Máirín Duffy wrote:
>> From: Nicu Buculei
>
>> There are a few things I am not happy about, like the grass not being green
>> enough and the sky being more cyan than blue, but there is time for those after
>> the Beta.
>
> It started out a lot more green & cyan (see Mola's original mockup, bottom here: http://mola.fedorapeople.org/gimp/view/)

I know Mola's images, we talked about them on IRC before he mailed to
the list.

> But trying that as a wallpaper, it was way too intense and contrasty / distracting for a wallpaper. :(

You are right, Mola's colors are too saturated and won't work for an
usable desktop (and also don't look very natural either).

I tried a quick trick starting from one of Mola's images (attached):
decreased the saturation and increased the lightness a bit, the colors
are closer to what I have in mind (but I should have applied the
lightness/saturation operation separately to the grass and sky).

The hard reality is an wallpaper like this will be inevitably compared
with the default Windows XP wallpaper, which had set a standard in
people's minds: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Windows_XP_SP3.png

But as I said in my previous mail, those are small details we can worry
about post-beta.