Introduction and First Project (Máirín)

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Fri Mar 13 14:43:51 UTC 2009

Kevin Friedemann wrote:
> Cool thanks for the link.  Most of the designs I do are in Illustrator
> so that they are in vector format.  I can convert it to (almost) any
> format you need though.  I have done a very small amount of print but
> not enough to really work with it.  Usually when I have an idea about a
> design in my head i'll look up some tutorials and mix and match a little

If you work in Illustrator, please do not sent the files in .ai format.
Inkscape can import such files, but the import is far from perfect.
You can use SVG, which is a Free format, but please take care to create
clean SVG (in my experience, the SVGs exported from Illustrator are very
bloated and sometime include embedded bitmpas).

> from those.  I am pretty good with icons and have some knowledge with
> Flash animation as well.

Please, no Flash animations, we don't have tools in Fedora to edit them
and the Free players are not reliable.