Banners and splashes

Máirín Duffy mairin at linuxgrrl.com
Fri Mar 13 17:46:40 UTC 2009

----- Original Message ----

> From: Martin Sourada <martin.sourada at gmail.com>
> On Fri, 2009-03-13 at 16:42 +0200, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> > Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > > * KDE splash screen
> >
> > For the last releases the guys from the KDE got involved with that and a
> > splash was produced.
> >
> I've been talking about this one with Mo and jreznik (the guy doing all
> the artwork work for KDE) over IRC. Mo produced some sample graphics, I
> don't remember the address though (I could find it in Rawhide, but I'm
> currently in F10). Máirín, can you post the link here?

Sure thing. These are very rough, we want the bars to be a lot closer to the bottom of the screen. Hopefully I'll have time to poke at these this weekend but if anyone else has some time please feel free:

http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/art/f11/mockups/splash/

(sorry I didn't get a chance to upload them to the wiki, we were having a discussion and it was quicker for me to post them to fedorapeople.org at the time)