New Concept for F11 King

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 13:07:26 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-03-27 at 12:32 +0100, Samuele Storari wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I want to submit a new concept and a new layout for this F11 release, seeing you a little stuck on the current landscape theme,and I hear a lot of rumors about "Windows-like" layout.
>
> So I created a new theme based on the meaning of the name: Leonidas come from Lions and Leonidas was a king,so why don't use another king?
>
> This graphic proposal is about the proud and the glory for being a king and the subject is shouting:"The King is here!".
>
> I know that there's a lot of work to do, (banner & much more), but I wanted to share this concept, and get some feedbacks,before moving on.
>
> If you are interested we can make togeather all the things needed for this release.
>
> I really hope you enjoy this, and let me know your opinions.
>
> You can see the image here (Gimp source in the same page):
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:King_1920x1200.jpg
>
> Thanks for the attention.
>
> Samuele

Hi Samuele,

I'm not sure if it is OK to go at this point with a conceptually
completely new theme but still your design looks awesome. I have only a
few to point out:
      * The circles at the left side seem to be a little strange, also
        since fedora's default layout has some icons on the left part of
        the screen it would be nice to have the wallpaper in that part
        less cluttered
      * I think the birds, or whatever they are, are unnecessary -- the
        main concern with the current wallpaper is that it concentrates
        on too many motives at once, I think this apply on this one as
        well
      * I'd perhaps remove the stripes over the lion

As for whether it is OK to use this concept for F11, I'd leave the
answer to Mo.