New Concept for F11 King

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Fri Mar 27 14:39:58 UTC 2009

On Friday 27 March 2009 14:07:26 Martin Sourada wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-03-27 at 12:32 +0100, Samuele Storari wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I want to submit a new concept and a new layout for this F11 release,
> > seeing you a little stuck on the current landscape theme,and I hear a lot
> > of rumors about "Windows-like" layout.
> >
> > So I created a new theme based on the meaning of the name: Leonidas come
> > from Lions and Leonidas was a king,so why don't use another king?
> >
> > This graphic proposal is about the proud and the glory for being a king
> > and the subject is shouting:"The King is here!".
> >
> > I know that there's a lot of work to do, (banner & much more), but I
> > wanted to share this concept, and get some feedbacks,before moving on.
> >
> > If you are interested we can make togeather all the things needed for
> > this release.
> >
> > I really hope you enjoy this, and let me know your opinions.
> >
> > You can see the image here (Gimp source in the same page):
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:King_1920x1200.jpg
> >
> > Thanks for the attention.
> >
> > Samuele
>
> Hi Samuele,
>
> I'm not sure if it is OK to go at this point with a conceptually
> completely new theme but still your design looks awesome. I have only a
> few to point out:
>       * The circles at the left side seem to be a little strange, also
>         since fedora's default layout has some icons on the left part of
>         the screen it would be nice to have the wallpaper in that part
>         less cluttered

+1
Same as actual Leonidas wallpaper it's maybe too overcomplicated for icons and
widgets. Samule, could you redesign it? Simple, clean left side in opposite to
rich right one?

But it's really nice design! Maybe won't be default one, I let decision on
artwork team ;-), but I'll add it to my wallpapers collection...

It's nearly time to have final one...

Jaroslav

--
Jaroslav Řezník <jreznik at redhat.com>