Banner ideas

Jayme Ayres jayme at jaymeayres.com
Tue May 5 12:19:17 UTC 2009

LIBERDADE
AMIZADE
FUNICONALIDADES
INOVAÇÃO

2009/5/5 Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro>

> On 05/04/2009 09:28 PM, Jayme Ayres wrote:
>
>> As we have several spaces in the event, Maria Leandro and I are thinking
>> of doing some different gear, my idea is that
>> http://jaymeayres.com/arquivos/fedora/fisl10/banner.png
>>

> That's cool too! It looks like you will have a lot of eye candy and make me
> feel bad for being lazy and not implementing a few ideas buried deep in a
> corner of my head...
>
> As a minor observation, you forgot one TM near the bubble logo -
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Logo/UsageGuidelines#Vertical_Version_of_the_Logo

Sorry (IMO) about TM, is really necessary? :)
I know it is a guidelines, but I think now that there is a TM in type, it is
really necessary to put in another TM bubble?

> I see your reasoning for reversing the order of the 4 foundations: Freedom
> is at the bottom to be the largest, but I am not sure about this: we still
> read from top to bottom...
>
> I am also not sure about translation, you have "inovação" (innovation)
> instead of "first", isn't this a bit to far from the original?

On the order of the words I understand the concern, but understands that
when words are translated the size of each of them then tried to equalize
changes significantly as the size of each building in the correct order, to
strike a balance and a degree. See the imbalance there is in the correct
order of the words:
LIBERDADE
AMIZADE
FUNICONALIDADES