FYI: Personalization in Windows 7

Máirín Duffy mairin at linuxgrrl.com
Wed May 13 21:57:11 UTC 2009

----- Original Message ----

> From: Martin Sourada <martin.sourada at gmail.com>
> But basically what I thing we need is:
>       * an easy way to upload images (with info on licensing and various
>         other comments included)
>       * a place to store the images in
>       * a place to preview the images
>       * a system on selecting what goes in/out of the rpm packages
>         (voting?)
>
> I think our current setup is suboptimal in most of those points, but I
> ain't sure how to make it better.

Would some gallery software help us out?

E.g. we could maybe talk to Fedora Infrastructure about having a gallery install for our usage. The gallery client is kind of a pain to get working in Fedora but once you do it makes it very easy to batch upload photos to the server. We could make albums for different wallpaper themes (eg a nature album, an abstract album, etc) and within each album you can rate individual photos... could be a good way of picking the best 5 for each or however many we want to package for each grouping.