FUDCon Berlin T-shirts

Charlie Brej fedora-art at brej.org
Sun May 3 10:25:22 UTC 2009

Max Spevack wrote:
> On Sat, 2 May 2009, Max Spevack wrote:
>
>> As for the words in the tag cloud, we can keep the "generic" ones
>> related to Fedora, and we should remove the Boston/Massachusettes/MIT
>> words and replace them with some related to this FUDCon:
>
> A great mockup was posted here:
>
> http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~brejc8/temp/fudcon_berlin.png
>
> My only comment on that would be that we'd like to make "Marshall Haus"
> one string, and not two.
>
> Aside from that, I'm going to try to find some more words that we can
> add to the tag cloud to increase the variety.
>
> Awesome stuff, and thanks!

The program is available [1] and is easy to modify. There is a script, called
"fudcon_logo_script", which you can modify to change the words. With multiple
word blocks put speech marks around them (just like I forgot to). You will also
need cairo/pango/glib2-devel and mgopen-fonts if you dont have them already, and
inkscape to touch up the images as sometimes the large words overlap some small
neighbours. Running the script can take a few minutes depending on your machine.
Máirín may have changed some code for the last fudcon one so if you want them to
match exactly then see if she has a patch. I think the size of the minimal font
was changed although I cant remember now.

[1] http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~brejc8/temp/wordlogo.tar.gz