F11 Sleeve design

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue May 12 18:13:12 UTC 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 11:47:19AM -0600, Clint Savage wrote:
> On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 10:50 AM, Clint Savage <herlo1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> A little bit ago Susmit showed his interest about working on this:
> >> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-art-list/2009-April/msg00052.html
> >>

> > It appears this conversation died, however the deadline is fast
> > approaching.  I can create something based upon the lion design, but I
> > think Someone else (Samuele, Mo, Nicu, etc.) is probably more capable
> > than I.  Could someone please pick this up and get a draft ready
> > before Monday?  If not, I'll see what I can do next week as I am
> > fairly busy these days :/
>
> HI all,
>
> I wanted to follow this email up with another.  I've created some
> initial artwork for the sleeves, but I think it needs some help.  I
> wonder if anyone has any time today/tomorrow to have a look at my
> work?
>
> http://herlo.fedorapeople.org/art/F11-live-sleeve.tar.bz2
>
> Currently, it's just the live sleeve, but I expect to create 64-bit
> live, and 32-bit/64-bit DVD sleeves too.  After getting this done,
> I'll work on the CD/DVD labels, which should be much easier to
> complete.

Looks good -- a couple ideas to consider:

* Change copyright date to 2009

* Make the 11 bold and possibly add a glow.

* Kern the "11" so the numbers are closer together; due to the font
  metrics they currently look unnaturally far apart.

The lion is still pretty busy -- did you want to consider moving the
design, so the lion appears more to one corner, and the logo and "11"
appear opposite his head?